Hon. Chille Igbawua has rolled out his achievements since resumption of Office in 2018 as the Hon. Chief Commissioner of the Public Complaints Commission. While speaking to the Press in Abuja, he mentioned the following as part of the achievements among others;
- Repositioned the Commission to enable it work effectively in receiving and redressing complaints. In order to enhance the commission’s publicity drive and public engagement both locally and international, the Department of Public Relations, Foreign Support and Inter-agency Collaboration was created.
- Boost staff morale as against very low morale prior to his assumption of office.
- Published and launched a Standard Operating Procedure for the first time in the Commission.
- Maintained a functional Information communication Technology (ICT) Facility for the Commission.
- Improved budgetary provision for the Commission which is a departure from the low budgetary allocation the Commission had previously battled with for years.
- Established an Online case management and Complaints tracking System.
- Restructured the administrative machinery of the Commission by abolishing the office of a Coordinating Director and restoring the office of the secretary to the Commission as the administrative Head of the Management.
- Sustained partnership with Non-Governmental Organizations, whistle blowing Organizations like Pro Bono Lawyers, Human Rights Radio etc. for greater efficiency and proactive resolution of complaints.
- Reintegration of the Nigerian Ombudsman into the African and global Ombudsman community culminating into the election of the Nigerian Chief Ombudsman into the board of the International Ombudsman Institute as well as the Coordinator for West Africa of the Africa Ombudsman and mediators Association (AOMA).
The Public Complaints Commission stamped it’s foot globally when between 28th and 30th October, 2019 PCC hosted the first ever International Ombuds Expo in Abuja which brought together Ombudsmen and Ombuds Organizations from more than Fifty three (53).
Prepared By: GLORY UDOH