The Lagos Office of the Public Complaints Commission has again brought joy the family of another late Police Officer by recovering his pension.
The family of the late Sgt. Chuks Okolie, who died on November 10, 2014, while in service, had made efforts to secure his pension from his pension administrator, Custodian Life Assurance Limited without success.
The complainant (family of the deceased), lodged the complaint before the Commission on May 5, 2022. The Respondent was contacted and it responded favorably yo the Commission’s enquiries. The matter was later brought to a closed when the family was paid 30% of the pension.
Speaking on behalf of the family, the sister to the deceased officer, Mrs. Mary Nwambuonwo appreciated the selfless efforts of the Commission in recovering the pension of their deceased family member.
In her words, she said “I will like to say thank you to the Commission for the support in getting my late brother’s pension benefit. We have received 30% of the pension in two batches, which are #183,853 and #183,854, Leaving a balance of 70% to be collected as promised”, she disclosed.